Additional Resources for Employees in Need
The following links provide additional resources for employees with urgent needs.
- Emergency Loan Program
- Disability Support Services
- Domestic Violence
- HIV/AIDS Workplace Guidelines
- Houston Area Women’s Center
- Identity Theft
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
- Reporting Illegal or Unethical Behavior
- Reporting Concerns with Rice Compliance
- Worker’s Compensation
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Rice University Crisis Management Team
The Employee Assistance Program (UTEAP) is a resource available to assist all employees and their dependents that may wish to speak with a trained counselor. The employee may contact UTEAP directly at 1-800-346-3549. If emotional behavior continues, the supervisor should contact Employee Relations for assistance in how to best address the concern.
If at any time you feel you or any member of the Rice Community is in danger, please contact RUPD at x6000 or Human Resources at x4755 or x4791. Don’t try to handle it on your own – call for help.