Approve Tuition Reimbursement Applications
This form allows supervisors to approve employee applications online. Please review all applications carefully and read through the Tuition Reimbursement Policy #432 if you are unfamiliar with this benefit before submitting your approval.
As stated in the policy:
- The objective of this benefit is to financially support courses which improve Rice employees’ performance in their current positions and/or to provide skills and knowledge that will assist Rice employees in their career progression at Rice. Therefore, course eligibility should be based on whether the course meets this objective
- Employees must be benefits eligible when the application is submitted. Staff must also have successfully completed their six-month probationary period.
- Courses specifically excluded from reimbursement under this program are workshops, seminars, conferences, institutes, and courses at non-degree granting institutions.
- Courses should normally be taken after working hours. However, if the course is taken during normal working hours, the employee must have the approval of his or her supervisor. The employee may be required to make up the time devoted to classes taken during working hours.
- By approving an application, you acknowledge the policy requirements and confirm that you have made appropriate plans with the employee.
- Supervisors should consult with Human Resources on any questions concerning course eligibility for reimbursement.