Rice is committed to supporting and developing our World Class Staff. The process of developing staff at Rice consists of Planning & Engaging, Assessing, Recognizing & Rewarding, and Cultivating. This comprehensive process provides supervisors and staff the framework, tools, and resources necessary to maximize staff engagement, development, and performance. Throughout all four phases, coaching and communication is critical to success.
- Develop and/or review performance expectations for job
- Set performance/job goals
- Align goals with the Rice values
- Identify training needs and developmental opportunities
- Discuss and review performance and goals
- Revisit and adjust training and development plan
- Celebrate contributions and impact
- Provide opportunities for professional development and growth
- Recognize staff in a way that is meaningful to them
- Explore career aspirations and professional goals
- Facilitate potential mentoring relationships
- Visit the Organizational & Professional Development'sCareer Development & Planning page for career assessment/planing resources.