All Rice employees are responsible for maintaining their time and attendance records. Nonexempt staff members are required to fill out the Time and Attendance Record (TAR) in addition to their biweekly timesheets.
For a visual guide, please refer to the TAR Example along with the following directions:
- Enter your personal information (name, employee number, home department and position number) in the appropriate fields.
- Enter the number of hours worked per day as well as the number of weeks worked per year (example: full time = 8 hours/day and 52 weeks/year). The full time equivalency (FTE) will calculate automatically.
- Enter your start date, month and year (this date is also known as your anniversary or seniority date).
- The field labeled Monthly Benefit Hrs Accrued as well as the Max Hrs Carry Forward at Anniversary will calculate automatically when you enter your start month, date and year.
- Enter the number of hours worked and/or taken as benefit time for each day of the week. Your benefit time accrual/balance will calculate automatically each month.
- Time & attendance records should be reviewed by the employee and supervisor/manager on a monthly basis and initialed (on the right-hand side) in the appropriate columns. Any additional notes, if needed, may be added in this section as well.