How to Fill Out the PEARL
All Rice employees are responsible for maintaining their time and attendance records. Exempt staff are required to fill out the Professional, Executive & Administrative Record of Leave (PEARL) form. There are currently two formats available (the old and the new); both forms accurately track your benefit time so feel free to choose whichever form you like best.
- Enter your personal information (name, home department, start/end times, days per week worked, employee number and position number) in the appropriate fields.
- Enter your FTE (full time equivalency) as well as months worked per year. (Example: full time = 1.0 FTE, half time = 0.5 FTE, etc).
- Enter start month, day and year (this date is also known as your anniversary or seniority date).
- The field labeled DAYS EARNED PER MONTH (AT ANNIVERSARY) will calculate automatically when you enter your start month, date and year.
- Track your benefit time:
- Time & Attendance forms should be reviewed by the employee and supervisor/manager on a monthly basis and initialed (on the right-hand side) in the appropriate columns. Any additional notes, if needed, may be added in this section as well.