realize that other career opportunities or personal events occur that precipitates
your departure from Rice. Below is general information to help ensure a smooth transition from Rice. Thank
you for your dedication, time and commitment during your employment
- Check Out Form –
This form ensures the exiting employee has turned in the final
timesheet to Payroll and/or the time and attendance report to the
supervisor, cleared any outstanding balances owed to Rice and returned
all Rice issued cards and equipment before the final day. This
completed form is either turned into the department or the Human
Resources representative conducting the exit interview prior to the
final day worked.
- Exit Interview Summary Form – Benefits-eligible staff should schedule an exit interview with Employee Relations before leaving Rice. The Exit Interview Summary Form is a checklist of information covered and should be brought to the exit interview to ensure all your employment matters are concluded before departing Rice.
- Voluntary Resignation Form – In the event
you have not already notified your department in writing of your departure,
please complete this form.
- Online Exit Survey – Provide your viewpoint to help us
improve working conditions and influence future practices at Rice.
- Esther – You maintain access to Esther after you terminate so you can change your
address, view previous Rice pay stubs and obtain your tax information.
- Medical benefits – Most benefits, including health insurance,
dental insurance and life insurance, will continue through the end of
the month in which you
worked your last day; however, the flexible spending accounts offered
through WageWorks will end at the end of the month in which you terminate. For questions
contact Benefits at
email@example.com or at x2363.
- COBRA – A COBRA enrollment packet with an option to extend your medical benefits coverage should be mailed to you from WageWorks 1-2 weeks after your termination paperwork is processed in HR.
- Vesting in the 401(a) Rice Retirement Plan – If you are a vested employee (employed at least
one year in a benefits eligible position), please make sure to contact
TIAA-CREF or Fidelity regarding the money that Rice has invested for you. Contact TIAA-CREF
at 800-842-2776 or Fidelity at 800-642-7131.
Once again, thank you for your contributions to Rice
University. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you with
your upcoming transition.
- 403(b) retirement account – This is an optional retirement account that employees choose to enroll and self-fund. If you enrolled, contact TIAA-CREF or Fidelity to discuss your options regarding these funds.