Below are instructions on how employees may manage their personal information.
ESTHER (Employee and Student Tools, Help, and Electronic Resources) is the web application for students, faculty, and staff. The items listed below can be updated through your Esther Account. Please click on the link to go directly to the Esther log in page.
- Benefits information and statements
- Benefits history
- Annual benefits open enrollment services
- W-2 history (annual wage statement for taxes)
- Paycheck stubs
- Emergency contact and address update functions
- Grade entry (for faculty employees)
- Campus emergency notification system
- Set up direct deposit
- Set up W4 withholding
- Plus more useful functions…
In order to change your name, please follow the below steps:
- Bring an original social security card with the new name or other valid documentation (i.e. marriage license, divorce decree or court document containing name change) to the Human Resources office located on the 26th floor of the Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza Building at the corner of Cambridge and Main Street (across the street from campus entrance #3.)
- Complete a new Personal Data Form. (You may print this form and complete before coming to our office if you would like).
Remember, if you are benefits-eligible, you need to contact TIAA and/or Fidelity Investments to notify them of your name change (see the below contact information).
Employees can change their personal addresses and phone numbers through their Esther account.
If address changes are not completed through Esther, the employee must complete a new Personal Data Form.
Original copies should be brought to the HR office. The employee needs to bring identification in order to verify identity.
If an employee is unable to come to the HR office, a form may be faxed or sent as a PDF. The form must be signed before sending. When HR receives the form, the individual’s signature will be verified with forms already in their personnel folder or on the I-9 work authorization form. Then Human Resources can update the address.
To update your campus address and phone number:
Contact your department coordinator. Department coordinators should have access to Edgar/Web Apps and follow these steps:
- Choose the HR/Payroll tab
- Scroll down to the Web Entry section
- Choose the Update Campus Address link and follow the instructions