are four main types of counseling actions:
- Informal Counseling
- First step in notifying employee of performance problems.
- Can be verbal conversations, but documentation of conversation is still important.
- Written Counseling
- Provides documentation and support of problem areas, may involve evoking a "performance review period" or suspension depending on the seriousness and level of concern.
- Final Written Warning
- Employee on notice of "last chance" to improve performance.
- Does involve a "performance review period."
- May include suspension depending on seriousness of issue and level of concern.