Working for Rice is a hoot! There’s so much to love about being a Rice employee: comprehensive benefits, exclusive discounts on campus, access to great services and facilities, and even connections to the Houston community. Our goal is to list as many as we can here to make sure everyone takes full advantage of the unconventional perks Rice has to offer.
Do you know of an Owl Perk not listed here? Let us know!
Rice recognizes that it is critical for you to take certain maintenance medications. So, we started a program to offer many prescriptions for certain conditions at no cost or at a reduced cost. These conditions include:
- Asthma (inhaled steroids)
- Diabetes (anti-diabetic agents)
- Heart disease (beta blockers)
- Hypertension (anti-hypertensives)
- Hyperlipidemia (anti-hyperlipidemics)
Copayments for the medications to treat these conditions are:
- Covered @100% if generic
- Covered @ 50% of copayment amount if a preferred brand name
- No discount is given if your medication is a non-preferred brand name medicine. Please talk with your doctor about generic or preferred brand options.
For more information, please visit our Prescription Drug Information page.
Categorized under: Health & Wellbeing
Available to: Staff, Faculty, Retirees, Family