Rice University’s vision for the Healthy Rice. Healthy Life. program is that we model a visibly healthy culture that promotes and facilitates well-being as an integral part of the institution’s identity and value proposition.
Rice’s mission is to foster a healthy and supportive environment and provide access to convenient and high quality programs and services, aimed to enable faculty, staff, and their families to pursue physical, social and emotional well-being to inspire people to participate.
Set up an account through the Healthy RICE. Healthy Life portal. Within the portal, you’ll find recommendations based on your health goals. You can track your progress all in a private, secure environment. Other benefits include:
- Learn about a specific health conditions and medications
- Participate in the Wellness Challenges
- Take the Health Assessment to learn areas of improvement for yourself
- View your professionally collected biometrics after attending a screening event
- Set fitness goals
- Link your wireless device Fitbit, Nike+, Body Media, Fitbug, Jawbone UP, Omron and more!
Login and Registration Instructions:
Go to Healthy RICE. Healthy Life portal. When logging on to the portal for the first time, you must register and create a username and password by clicking on “register now.” Make sure to use all of the leading zeros of your employee ID when registering. For example: E00012345. Once registered, you can log in from any computer, laptop or smart phone using your created username and password.
Health Fitness provides on-campus seasonal flu shots and health screenings to all benefits eligible faculty and staff in the Fall. For dates/times and additional information, please visit our Seasonal Flu Shots page.
Rice will subsidize half of the cost of in-person meetings for benefits-eligible faculty and staff for either the online Weight Watchers Program, or local community meetings (at this time, we no longer have enough participation to hold meetings on campus). The program is now on a month-to-month basis.
To enroll, visit http://wellness.weightwatchers.com and use the following employer ID and password under the "New Registration" box:
- Company ID = 28327
- Company Passcode = fyPMoVnL
Once you log in, you will enter your information exactly as it is listed with Rice (specifically, your name, birth date and "Unique ID" which is your employee ID (for example, "E00001234").
The cost of the program is $39.95 per month (or $19.97 per month with the 50% subsidy).
You may enter the program at any time (at a prorated cost) — simply go to the portal above or one of the scheduled meetings for more information.
Other Healthy Links
- Aetna’s GlobalFit: Aetna members receive discounts on membership at participating, independent health clubs.
- Aetna Natural Products Information: Aetna members can order health-related products through Vitamin Advantageor Natural Products.
- Rice University’s Recreation Center: check out the Fitness Programs and Specialty Events (popular among faculty & staff)!
- Want to get walking? You have several options on our beautiful campus, walk the inner loop which is 1 mile or the outer loop which is about 3 miles!
- Join the American Heart Association’s Start! program. Start! is the AHA’s national movement to get Americans walking all year round, whether at home, at work or somewhere in between. Their focus is simple: Walk more. Eat well. Live longer. Sign up for the free MyStart!Online page to Start! your journey today!
The goal for the Rice Wellness Program is a healthier, happier faculty and staff. We hope you enjoy the program and look forward to a healthier you!