What is a “Mothers’ Room?”
Rice’s first lactation room is a place for nursing mothers to pump breast milk or nurse their child in a private and comfortable setting.
Where are they located?
- There are four:
- The first is located in the renovated “lounge” area in the women’s restroom near the Grand Hall in the RMC. It is a secure, private, walled-off environment with a sink, refrigerator, etc.
- The second is located on the fourth floor of Fondren Library in Room 411. Visit Fondren Library’s Mother’s Room page for a list of features.
- The third is located in the new Cambridge Office Building (COB), on the first floor.
- The fourth is located in the Allen Center.
I’m a new mom and would like to use this room—how do I access it?
- RMC: Stop by the Information Desk in the RMC/Ley Student Center to get the access code—no key necessary. Please do not share the code with others, as we would like this space reserved only for those who need it.
- Fondren Library: A key is available for checkout during Visitor Hours at the East Entrance (quad side) Service Desk. For more information, please visit Fondren Library’s Mother’s Room page.
- COB: stop by the reception desk on the first floor for availability and/or to be added to the schedule.
- Allen Center Relaxation Room: email Heather Holley (firstname.lastname@example.org) for calendar and room access.
If either location is not convenient, please contact Human Resources for assistance.