What is a “Mothers’ Room?”
Rice’s first lactation room is a place for nursing mothers to pump breast milk or nurse their child in a private and comfortable setting.
Where are they located?
- There are five:
- The first is located in the renovated “lounge” area in the women’s restroom near the Grand Hall in the RMC. It is a secure, private, walled-off environment with a sink, refrigerator, etc
- The second is located on the fourth floor of Fondren Library in Room 411 – Visit Fondren Library’s Mother’s Room page for a list of features
- The third is located in the Cambridge Office Building (COB), on the first floor
- The fourth is located in the Allen Center
- The fifth is located in the BRC in the women’s restroom on the first floor
I’m a new mom and would like to use this room—how do I access it?
- RMC: Stop by the Information Desk in the RMC/Ley Student Center to get the access code – Please do not share the code with others, as this space is reserved only for those who need it
- Fondren Library: A key is available for checkout during Visitor Hours at the East Entrance (quad side) Service Desk – For more information, please visit Fondren Library’s Mother’s Room page
- COB: stop by the reception desk on the first floor for availability and/or to be added to the schedule
- Allen Center Relaxation Room: email Heather Holley (firstname.lastname@example.org) for calendar and room access
- BRC: any one requiring the use of the room may request a key from the security desk
If either location is not convenient, please contact Human Resources for assistance.