Annual Enrollment 2018 will be from April 9 – 27, 2018.
Join us at RiceFest on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 from 11 am – 3 pm in the Grand Hall of the Rice Memorial Center.
The current Benefits Booklet may be found on the Medical & Dental page.
We are pleased to introduce a new vision plan for FY 2019. This plan is administered by Aetna and uses the Aetna Vision Preferred network. The plan provides coverage for you and your covered family members to visit an in-network provider for a small copay or with an allowance for contact lenses or frames.
Visit the Vision Plan page for more information.
It is important to Rice that you have the benefits that best meet your family’s needs. Therefore, we have invested in a new benefits portal that will not just make enrollment easy for you, but will provide tools to help you select the benefits that best meet your needs.
Continuing to make smart choices when you use your health plan helps to save us all money – remember that our plan premiums are directly related to our plan spending!
- Check out our new benefits enrollment portal. It contains a plan selection tool that will allow you to fully consider all medical plan options. You can use your own claims information to “do the math” and see how much each plan would cost you in the new year based on that utilization. If you are planning to have more cost (maybe you will be starting a family or having surgery you have been putting off) or less, you can adjust that utilization. The tool will do the math for your, applying the plan design, adding in the premiums, and coming to an annual number. Seeing how much you can save in another plan might help you re-think your choices to one that better fits you. Keep in mind, however, that cost is not the only consideration in selecting a plan. Keep in mind network requirements when you select your plan.
- View the Emergency Room and Urgent Care tab of the Components of Your Medical Plan page to understand the differences between an urgent care center and an emergency room.
- Save money on prescription drugs by using the mail order pharmacy service and consider generic alternatives to your brand-name drugs (if available). Learn more by visiting the Prescription Drug Information page.
- Stay up-to-date on your annual preventive exams – this may help or prevent illness, diseases, or other future health problems. Annual preventive services are covered at 100%
- Establish a relationship with your primary care physician – having one physician who helps you maintain your health saves you time and money!
You can use the Aetna DocFind tool to see if your doctor would be covered under a new plan. Click here for a video that shows you how to use this tool.
If you want to leave your benefits exactly as they are today, you do not need to complete annual enrollment in Esther. We recommend that you log in to Esther, and confirm your choices, but that is not required. We'd also like you to check out the new enrollment portal, consider our new vision plan, and update your beneficiary information there, but you don't have to. The only exception is if you want to use a flexible spending account for medical or dependent care expenses or contribute to a Health Savings Account. You must renew these each year. This is an IRS requirement.
We have a new benefits service center staffed with knowledgeable service representatives who will be glad to help you navigate the new site, answer questions about your benefits, and if you really need it, they will help you enroll. You can reach them at 713-348-4663
For help with an Aetna plan, please call Aetna Concierge at 1-800-905-7670.
You may also attend this year's RiceFest. Staff members from Human Resources will be available to assist you with any questions you may have regarding your coverage or the open enrollment process.
We will also be holding computer labs/open enrollment sessions in the new Cambridge Office Building room 112.
- Monday, April 9, 2018 at 1pm – 3 pm COB 112
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 1 pm – 3 pm COB 112
- Friday, April 13, 2018 at 9am – 11 am COB 112
- Monday, April 16, 2018 at 9 am – 11 am COB 112
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 9 am – 11 am in COB 112
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 10 am – 2 pm COB 112
- Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 2 pm – 4 pm COB 112
- Monday, April 23, 2018 at 1 pm – 3 pm COB 112
- Friday, April 27, 2018 at 9 am – 4 pm COB 112